So here I sit on the second day of 2013 and I have a few moments for myself so I thought I would jot down a few things I would like to see happen in 2013.
1) First off I am going to blog at least once a week…More if I can 2) Take a picture of Mr P everyday for a year. He is my traveling companion and yes it is Mr Potato Head. 3) Eat Better 4) Get back in the gym 5) Walk the 5k breast cancer walk in Oct 6) Ride my bike more 7) Lower my BP 8) Write a letter ever month. This was a hit last year so I am going to do it again :0) 9) DRINK MORE WATER. There is an app for that…waterlogged. It reminds you to drink water at all the times you want and even keeps track for you what you consume in the day!
Those are the first 9 off the top of my head. All doable and with in my grasp. Check back with me and see how I am doing. Blogs could go in all kinds of direction. Thinking maybe even a video blog from time to time. We will see if I can fit that in. I just wanna get back to taking care of me and sharing y story where I can and really just blow off some steam if I need to.
I will leave you with this: Always remember you are braver than you believe, Stronger then you seem, and Smarter than you think!!
Peace and Love,
Sorry for the silence fellow bloggers and readers. I have been knee deep in paper writing and family drama. That leaves little time for blogging so I will try and catch up.
Family drama—Well seems my partner has decided that we should no longer be together. This has upped my gym time. Poor Treadmill has had my name all over it. Which caused a 3.5 inch drop off my body this week. I really need to get on the scale. Maybe Wednesday.
So here are the numbers
-.5 inchs off my neck sense Jan 1
-2 inches off my Chest (that could have stayed LOL)
-1.25 inches off my abs
-6.5 off my hips
-1.5 off my thighs
gained 1 inch on my biceps :0)
So all together I have lost 11.75 inches..that is with a few weeks of up and downs!
Those are inches I will never see again on my body.
Hope you all have a great day! Ill be back with you after midterms!
I haven’t been on one going two weeks due to a few things….one I don’t have one at home and two my doc said if the inches are coming off don’t worry so much about the scale. So I have been putting it off. Maybe next week I will get on the scale at the gym. However a friend of mine posted this picture and I wanted to share it with you all.
If I had a scale I would be writing this on it today!
Be true to you !
Till Next Time….
After 31 days I am eating better and feeling better health wise but I feel a bit unsettled. I am still losing inches and I am very thankful for that. If I didn’t tell you all I am down another inch. Happy noises go here! Still only the 4 pounds and I guess I should be thankful for that. I know what the problem is. I am not drinking enough water, changing that. I got a water bottle :0) If I have it with me I will drink it. That and I eat to many carbohydrates. I know this about me. One change at a time.
I have had a great month. I am feeling good and looking thinner. I have a few new projects in the works. I got my taxes done today. usually this is a big event that takes place the day before they are due. So thankful that is over and I got my financial aid paperwork done today as well. that is the way to end January. On a positive note!
I am ready for February. One day at a time. One step and one breathe……that’s how I am gonna roll!
Till Next Time……
Here I sit on day 25 and I have learned during these days.
1. I can control what goes in my pie hole :0)
2. 1100 calories are way to little for me to eat.
3. Going to the gym 2-3 times a week makes me feel better about me.
4. When you feel discouraged read other peoples blogs or ask for help.
5. Surround yourself with people that truly care for you.
6. I am smarter then I thought I was (went back to school and things are going good)
7. Learned pizza and I are not friends anymore (not the calories, the grease makes me sick)
8. Using a pedometer helps me see how active and inactive I am (pro and con)
9. Taking time for me everyday has helped me get a better understanding of me
10. I am learning more patients and tolerance of ignorance. I am hoping that the people in my Soc class are seeing things from a different perspective. Its ok to agree to disagree
11. I study better at the library. I can spread out more :0)
12. The best laid plans can always be changed.
13. Its ok to be the oldest in the class. It has had its advantages.
14. Taking a picture a day with my cell phone has been an interesting adventure for sure.
15. I have also been talking to random people. Sometimes it is just that smile or hello that gives a person hope in humanity.
16. Blogging helps keep me honest.
17. I am taking a religion class and it has brought my father and I closer.(we have more to talk about)
18. I have learned to be still and listen (hard for me to do I am a mover)
19. Bad days come and go…get over it and move on to the next day
20. Listen. Sometimes that is the best answer.
There is my top 20 off the top of my head. I hope that each of you are doing well and have a support system that works for you. I am lucky that I do and I am thankful for that more then I could ever say.
I am thankful for friends, family, blogs and bloggers, the gym, school, cameras, creativity, work and a whole bunch of other things.
Have a great Wednesday everyone.
Till Next Time…
As we all know in our culture we celebrate everything with Food. Promotion…..food…..graduation….food…Birthday….food. Well my sister had a Bday this week and we as a family celebrated it yesterday. Now I have spent 22 days trying to eat better and stay away from sweets for the most part. I do love my Skinny Cows but why on Gods green earth did I think I could share a cupcake with my partner….BAD IDEA! Now I want more. I knew better but I let her talk me into just a bite. Now I want another. The good news is there are no more and I don’t have it in the house so I am saved there but I can’t stop thinking about it.
I know that I can have a treat now and then but I now know that cupcakes are more of my weakness then I thought. Don’t worry my will power is strong but I will have to so not even smell them if they are passed my way…lol
All in all it was a good weekend. I’ll post measurements later I just needed to vent on the cupcakes!
Till Next Time
As the title of my blog states I finally lost a pound after 19 days. I know the doctor said if I am feeling better and things are moving around then it is good…but we (women that is) know that the scale is our nemesis. I am thankful that the pound is gone and is never allowed to return :0)
It has been a crappy week….truck issues, that caused money issues, that caused not being able to go the gym issues…but I am not letting that stop me. Lucky for me the gym is already paid for and I can go up there and walk off my frustrations. Felt good this morning to turn up the tunes and just walk. So I will call this a win day and make it continue there my work day this afternoon.
I am making this dream a reality….
Till Next Time…..
Just a quick update….
I live in Ohio and it is just now starting to get cold and up until today I was not able to button my jacket. I usually just threw it on because the wind here has been cold but today without thinking I buttoned my coat and WAAAALAAAA I could button it! I started doing the happy dance and realized I was in the middle of the library. YEAH ME. May not be a big deal for you bit let me just say it made my day!
Just wanted to share!
Till Next Time…
So I decided I was going to start using a pedometer. It arrived today
It is set and ready to use. I am going to challenge myself every day to walk farther. I think this will keep me moving. That and I will see just how far it is from my car to my first class.
Look out shoes I am going to be putting you to the test!
Till Next Time…
Today I had to go to the doc and get my BP med refills. Went better than expected. My BP was great 104/74. The best it has been in 3 months. This being said the meds are working. I talked to her about this life change and how I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing or not being that I hadn’t lost any weight in 2 weeks. She asked me a very interesting question. She asked if I felt better. I told her yes. She said is it easier to work out…again my answer was yes…..she said where is the problem. Keep doing what you are doing and then you can adjust if you stop seeing results. So I will keep controlling my portions, eat more veggies, drink more water, and keep going to the gym. Not that I was going to stop I was just looking for another way to lose the weight.
SO tomorrow I will get up have some breakfast and then head to the gym.
Till Next Time….