I can’t believe that it’s been three months and 17 days sense my last blog….oppppps guess I should do better!
Lots of things going on. Training for my next 10k, garden is getting started and seedlings are growing more everyday. Going to be starting a new live Facebook chat in the next few weeks talking about my garden and how easy it is to have one :0) Well I think it is. My cousins think so too :0)
Spring brings out all the could be’s. Everything in the yard is waking up, the birds are singing there songs and I for one am filled with hope of a great garden season :0)
Here is what I’ve been up too the last few months…cold weather, Photography, learning my dulcimer, cooking, celebrating family bdays and Mr P. I’ll share the garden with you later :0)
Here’s too new adventures!
So I took this as the sun wa shining on my back
The lines of the carpet draw your eyes in different ways. One of my friends said OMG you are Spider-Man lol
I got new glasses yesterday. Normally that be a big deal but I am amazed at the fact that I can actually see better. I knew I needed readers, I do a lot of computer and close up work but I also had to get a bit of help with my distance. I can see things don’t get me wrong but, I can now see them clearly :0) Didn’t even know this was a problem.
Had my first lab today. Geology my old friend is back again. This time with more historical things for me to learn. Keeping finger crossed. However I am going to need to get a smaller group. One of the guys is great and the other two are just waiting for someone to give them the answer. This could be bad. First lab and only one question confused me. That is progress being I didn’t get most of the last labs till the end :0)
Why don’t people talk in the elevator? Is it because they have nothing to say or the fact that they think the other person really doesn’t care what they have to say. I am a talker. I talk to who ever when ever really. Just in general stuff…what floor, have a good day. I even say good morning to my fellow class mates as they com in the door to class. I think this is a good thing and I am not going to change that. Not one bit. As a matter of fact I may even do it more :0)
I am really enjoying my picture a day assignment! Mr P and I are making our rounds. Thinking he may need to go on a vacation with someone…where should he go?
Well I am making tacos for dinner tonight. Guess I should go get that ready!
I need to make me the change! Make a difference!
Today I stopped at the neighborhood rec center and signed up to use their fitness center. I think that is a pretty good investment for my Christmas cash. I got the skinny (yes I said skinny) on the times it is open and am sitting down tomorrow to write out my game plan.
I have been scanning several blogs and have gotten a lot of ideas of where I want my blog to go. Hope I don’t offend anyone by stealing an idea here or there. Please feel free to do the same.
Here is a list of what I want to see happen in 2012:
- loose 75 pounds (0/75)
- stay between 1200 and 1300 calories for 365 days (0/365)
- blog at least 3 x’s a week (0/156)
- take a photo everyday (0/365)
- focus on my creative expression 1 time a week (0/52)
- take time for me everyday (0/365)
- send at least one letter to someone in the mail 1 time a month (0/12)
- go to the gym 2 times a week (0/104)
- do body measurements once a week (0/52)
Those are the target goals.
What else would I like to see happen:
- I want to sell a picture or two in a magazine and be published.
- I want to sell some of my cards in a few shops around here
- When spring comes I want to dust off the bike and ride the bike path
- I want to walk a 5k
- I want to do well in school (went back to school after 20+ years) 27 credit hours to go!
- cut down on my pop intake and drink more water
- I want to be able to shop at any store and buy clothes from anywhere in a med or large.
- When I lose the weight I’m gonna jump out of a plane!
Check back with me…This is just a short list of manageable things. I can always use a word of encouragement, a new blog idea, what you think about a question I may ask. My only rule is if you ask me a question make sure that you really want to know the answer.
I plan to post a pic as well so I can keep track of my progress visually. Here’s to a healthy 2012!
A joke in my circle of friends is that some have swallowed a tapeworm to eat their fat, so as this journey begins I will swallow mine at midnight tomorrow. Stay tuned for pics of him as he grows. Here is what he looks like before I swallow him. I still need to name him.
Till next time…
Here is just a small list of quotes that I enjoy on or about photography…..
1.“Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
2.“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it. – Ansel Adams
3.“ Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt
4.“Be yourself. I much prefer seeing something, even it is clumsy, that doesn’t look like somebody else’s work.” – William Klein
5.“If your photos aren’t good enough, then you’re not close enough” – Robert Capa
6.”Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever. . . it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything” – Aaron Sussman
7. “Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still” – Dorothea Lange
8. “I like photographs which leave something to the imagination” – Fay Godwin
9. “No place is boring, if you’ve had a good night’s sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.” ~ Robert Adams
10. “Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph”. – Matt Hardy
11.You don’t take a photograph, you make it. – Ansel Adams
12.Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hardy
13. A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen
14. “Notebook. No photographer should be without one!” -Ansel Adams
15. “It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” – Paul Caponigro
16. “I shutter to think how many people are underexposed and lacking depth in this field.” – Rick Steves,
17.Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter.” – Ansel Adams
18. “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” -Robert Capa
19. “There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams
20. “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson
21. “Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” – Imogen Cunningham
22. “For me the printing process is part of the magic of photography. It’s that magic that can be exciting, disappointing, rewarding and frustrating all in the same few moments in the darkroom.” – John Sexton
23. When you photograph people in color you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls! ~Ted Grant
24. A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into. ~Ansel Adams
25. There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams
26. The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera. ~W. Eugene Smith
27. I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it. ~Author Unknown
28. A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty
29. The camera can photograph thought. ~Dirk Bogarde
30. I think the best pictures are often on the edges of any situation, I don’t find photographing the situation nearly as interesting as photographing the edges. ~William Albert Allard, “The Photographic Essay”
31. There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~Ansel Adams
32. No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen
33. There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don’t be bitter because you can’t record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is! ~DeGriff
These are just a few of the photography quotes that I enjoy. Please feel free to add more.