I must admit I was very skeptical about making chicken and dumplings in a pressure cooker. After seeing all the new people in a Facebook group I belong to post recipes I was like…hmmmmm…I have everything I need to make that let’s try it so I did.
Pulled up the site https://www.southernfamilyfun.com/instant-pot-chicken-dumplings/
Got all the ingredients together
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast, cubed
• 1 tube (16oz) refrigerated biscuits
• 1 cup chopped carrots
• 2 teaspoons oregano
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
The recipe on line called for a cup of peas but Im not a fan.
I also didn’t use the garlic cloves and just used garlic powder with my chicken…a teaspoon.
Then I really did follow the recipe
- Chopped the biscuits before I cooked the chicken so they were ready to go
- Cut my chicken breasts in smaller square pieces and sautéed in the olive oil till they were done
- While chicken is cooking throw in the spices and brown the chicken
- Turn off cooker and add broth and water.
- Add the carrots
- Add the biscuits
- Stir it all together and put the lid on.
- Seal the lid and set on manual for 5 minutes. It will take 5-10 minutes to come to pressure.
- Once 5 minutes is up so quick release
- Open lid, stir and serve
The flavor was really good! I think I would have liked a little more liquid so I’ll add a bit more next time but really good meal. Enough for two bowls of left overs after feeding three people!